Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ChChChChChanges

So, it seems that grown up life is finally starting. I know that I'm 21 and I should be used to this by now, but I've always lived in a dorm or at home with the parents, I won't even consider getting married for another 5 years at LEAST, I have only had 3 part time jobs that weren't in the field I was interested in, you know, I'm still a kid in terms of overall life experience, even if I'm not mentally a kid anymore. But every time I look around something new and characteristically "grown up" is happening. For at least two hours today I was looking up and applying for internships (because it's remarkably hard for PR people to get jobs without having completed at least one internship), I'm seriously considering getting my own apartment the second I get a real paying job, and everywhere I look people are getting married or engaged! In this past year alone (so going back to last march) I can think of 10 people who've gotten engaged, married, or started a family, kids included! And I've probably forgotten people. It just seems crazy that all of this is finally happening. I blinked and all of a sudden I was getting ready to graduate, people around me were starting families, the job hunt has begun etc... On the one hand, I'm so excited for my life to start, I'm so excited to be doing something with the years of education I've had. On the other hand, I'm so scared. This is the second to last chapter in my life (Baby, K-12, College, Real Life, Retirement, in my eyes anyway), and what if I do it wrong? It's the longest and I have the most time to correct it, but still, scary! Oh well, I think I'll go contemplate 'real life' some more and continue searching for internships. Cheerio!

No comments: