Monday, March 1, 2010

Squealing Fits of Joy?

So, I want to warn you. I am not depressed. I think these last few blogs have been a bit melodramatic, and this one will be as well, probably. But I just wanted to let you all know that I have many happy moments too, its just that I'm usually a moderately bubbly and optimistic person so my happy moments aren't all that thrilling and noteworthy. Except for this week!! As its not for sure yet (though I'm pretty positive it'll happen) I am not at liberty to say what it is. I can, however, say that the possibility of it happening induced several happy dances and squealing fits of joy with friends. Now, while I am obviously very happy and excited about this news, I must also pint out that I am in for a huge lonely spell coming up. As my closest college friends, as well as friends I am just starting to get close with are finding their own "persons of interest" I fear that I will be left out of the loop for a while. My time will become less important to them, because, lets face it, who would choose a relatively solid friendship over a new and well exciting romance? As it was pointed out to me earlier today by a wiser, more street smart friend, "this will happen all throughout your life" When friends get married, move, etc...there will be more exciting things to them than our friendship, which I totally get. An old friendship that they don't think they need to work to keep the same will change for good. WHile it probably won't disappear (Neither me or most of my friends are that kind of person) it will certainly be different, maybe not as strong, or on a different level or, in extreme cases, be transformed from a friendship to a friendly acquaintance. For reiteration purposes, this will happen many times in my life and therefore I should get used to it. This does not make me particularly happy though...and yet my happiness over the earlier mentioned situation outweighs my concern for the future! (As you can tell, I've had a lot on my mind these past several days...)

Awesome: Jonathan Coulton, specifically his song "Not About You". Give it a listen if you're in the mood for laughter.

Lamesauce: The amount of time that I've spent thinking about aforementioned thoughts, enough to put it in a blog? jeez!

Current Nail Polish: "Here today, Aragon tomorrow!" OPI

No comments: