Friday, January 16, 2009

Karaoke Night at the Bar

So, last night, I met up with a bunch of international students for a fun quiet-ish night at the campus bar. Little did I know that last night was karaoke night. Oh. My. Goodness. The first thing I think of when I hear the word Karaoke is embarrasment. Oh no. Unlike in the states, the people here flocked to the bar. There was an influx of about 40 people within a matter of 10 minutes, all for the bad, drunken singing! People were singing everything from Grease, to Kanye West, to Rocky Horror Picture Show, to Chicago, to Ricky Martin (that one was sung by my new friend Sara from Jersey). It was intense. I, of course, didn't get up on stage, but you could definetly hear me during most of the songs. Sometimes we (Jenika and I) even got the French Canadian and the Colombian to dance with us! It was a surprise how much fun it was! Can't wait till Thursday for the next karaoke night.

Ok, it is now time to dress up like a wee devil for the Heaven and Hell party that I'm going to. Oh, and tomorrow I'm going to Colchester. Be prepared to anxiously anticipate pictures being posted. <3

No comments: