Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beda 4

Whoops! Only day 5 and I've already forgotten two days, I'm failing! I'll make up for it with a movie review later tonight.
It's hard you know. I read so many blogs; ridiculously well-written ones, poignant ones, creative ones, and silly ones, and I always feel like I have to talk about intense issues like love at first sight or perhaps "THE FUTURE". Today I'll hold to that trend, but tomorrow I"m gonna do something silly, promise! Right now though, I wanna talk about body image. I'm writing this while in my fashion merchandising class, surrounded by thin, chic, well-dressed people. It doesn't help my self-image that I have a cold and have to keep blowing my nose, but that's beside the point. It's hard to be positive about my own body and style in an environment like this.
I'm currently working on losing weight (and not truly succeeding). I tell myself that it's because I'm not in the correct area for the age/weight/height chart thing in doctors' offices. While this is one reason, another reason, and a bit bigger one, is that I have both a lack of body confidence and the desire to have my dream body. I just want to say that even though I have these body image issues, I think everyone does, and, as long as we don't get too hung up on them, they can actually be healthy! But there needs to come a point where you let go of the issues before you get to obsessed. Don't forget, you're beautiful/handsome and I love you!

No comments: